Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Pie # 19: Crumble Apple Pie


I made this recipe up. I mean, I'm sure it exists in real life, but I was too lazy to look anything up. I used the pie filling from my traditional apple pie recipe and mixed up some goodies for the crumble top. Here is how it went: (Printable Version)

Crust:
All shortening crust (half recipe)

Filling:
Same as Apple Pie

Crumb Topping:
Oatmeal
Brown sugar
Flour
Butter
Cinnamon
(And no, I did not measure, but if I had to guess: 1/4-1/3 cup everything and 1 teaspoon cinnamon.)

Mix ingredients for filling and pour into unbaked pie shell.


Mix together ingredients for crumble top and sprinkle over filling. Bake at 425 for 15 minutes, reduce heat to 350 and bake for another 45-60 minutes.


Voila! Crumple Apple Pie!

No comments:

Post a Comment