Monday, February 6, 2012

Pie # 24: Lemon Meringue


And some "word vomiting" aka venting about my life. Things I need to work on
  • Making time for yoga
  • Stop allowing my work to take over my personal life
  • Cooking dinner
  • Packing my lunch
  • Stretching
  • BLOGGING
Now that you are all my witnesses, I'm sure I'll start improving immediately :). Moving forward with the lemon meringue (Printable version).



Ingredients:

5 tablespoons corn starch
1.5 cups water
1/2 cup lemon juice
1 tablespoon lemon zest
3 large eggs, separated
3 tablespoons butter



Whisk together corn starch, 1.25 cups sugar and water. Add lemon juice, zest and egg yolks cook mixture over medium heat. Stir constantly until it begins to bubble and thicken (about 10 minutes). Remove from heat and stir in butter. Pour into pie shell.

 
Beat egg whites to soft peaks. Add 5 tablespoons sugar in a slow, steady stream and continue to beat until volume has increased six times and the meringue makes pointy peaks.

Spread meringue over filling and bake at 350 for 10-15 minutes - until meringue is golden brown. Cool completely before serving.

2 comments: