Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Pie # 12: Caramel Apple Pie

Everyone will love this pie. I promise. I found this recipe about a year ago online and it became an instant hit. Ladies: if you ever want to impress a guy, this pie guarantees success. I know from experience.

(Printable Version)

Crust:
All-Shortening Crust

Filling:
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup butter, melted
1/3 cup flour
5 cups sliced apples (I used Granny Smith)
2/3 cup sugar
3 tablespoons corn starch
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon lemon juice
Caramel-Apple Dip (found at any grocery store)

Make Taffy:
In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, melted butter and 1/3 cup flour. (I heated mine on the stove for a few minutes) Mix and set aside.

Make Apple Filling:
Combine sliced apples, white sugar, 3 tbsp corn starch, cinnamon, and lemon juice. Mix well.


My helper insisted that I take a photo.
Spoon half of apple filling into pie crust. Top with several spoonfuls of store-bought caramel as well with 1/2 taffy. Repeat with one more layer.

Place top of pie crust over filling and seal edges before brushing with melted butter and sprinkling with raw sugar. Don't forget to cut vents and bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes and 45-60 minutes at 350 degrees.


As you can see, the pie was a success. This photo was taken less than 24 hours after pulling it out of the oven.


Share this with any cute boy you want to ask you out. (Trust me.)

No comments:

Post a Comment