Monday, November 28, 2011

Pie # 16: Pumpkin Pie Toffee Cheesecake


I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving! If yours was anything like mine, it was spent with family and great food. Anyone who actually knows me, probably knows it's difficult for me to gain weight; trust me when I say I put on a substantial amount of fat from all the desserts (specifically pie!) I ate during the holiday. You'll believe me once I post the next two pies. (Two pies this week since I didn't blog over Thanksgiving!)

First, this isn't "technically" a pie. It's a cheesecake. However, the word "pie" is in the title so I think it counts! This recipe is so easy and wonderful. You need to make it immediately - I promise it will impress you! I found it on Our Best Bites, so you know it's great. (Printable Version)

Crust:
Two cups graham cracker crumbs
1/2 cup butter (melted)
*Spray 9-inch springform pan with cooking spray. Combine crumbs and melted butter in pan and press evenly. Bake at 300 degrees for 15 minutes.



Filling:
2 8 oz packages cream cheese (go all-out and buy the original - none of that fat-free stuff)
1/2 cup sugar
1 tea vanilla
5 eggs
1 bag toffee bits
1 15 oz can pumpkin (We all know I'm never making homemade again)
3/4 cup whipping cream
2/3 cup sugar
1/2 tea ground cinnamon
1/4 tea pumpkin pie seasoning
1/8 tea salt

In large bowl, beat together cream cheese, 1/2 sugar and vanilla until smooth. Keep beating and add 2 eggs. stir in toffee bits and pour over baked crust. Use a spatula to spread evenly.



Mix together pumpkin, whipping cream, remaining eggs (3), 2/3 cup sugar, spices, and salt.



Very, very carefully, pour this over your yummy cream cheese concoction.



Bake at 300 degrees for 2 hours or until edges are firm but center is still jiggly when you shake the pan. Turn oven off and open door so that the cheesecake/pie cools slowly. Remove from oven after 30 minutes.


Let stand on the counter until completely cool and chill in the refrigerator for 6 hours (preferably overnight).




Top with whipped cream and leftover toffee bits. Take a bite into the best cheesecake/pie you'll ever eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment